Does someone rely on you for care?
If they do, you may be a Caregiver
- Personal care?
- Going to doctor's appointments?
- Managing money or bills?
- Other problems or questions they have?
There are 48 million unpaid caregivers of adults ages 65 and older in the United States.
- 2020 National Alliance for Caregiving and AARP
- A loved 60 years of age or older or
- A loved one any age with Alzheimer’s or other related Dementias
Reach out to our Alamo Caregiver Support Coalition:
- A sub-committee (Family Caregiver Support) of the Bexar Senior Advisory Committee formed in 2009.
- Their purpose is to advise the Bexar Area Agency on Aging in matters related to seniors and persons with disabilities.
- The mission of the Alamo Caregiver Support Coalition is to improve the quality of life for caregivers and care recipients through advocacy, information, support, and access to resources.
- Services for family caregivers in Bexar County and some of the surrounding counties such as:
- Education and training
- Connecting caregivers with resources
- Finding community supports
- Members include:
- Governmental agencies
- Individuals with a shared passion to support family caregivers in caring for their loved ones.
- Individual members are listed in the left column – please contact them!
- The 3rd Tuesday of each month from 8:30 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
- To request a Membership Application and for meeting location, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Click on the “Upcoming Events” picture above to go to the calendar page
- On the calendar page, click “Submit an Event”
- Select the appropriate calendar(s):
- AACOG Alamo Area Agency on Aging
- AACOG Bexar Area Agency on Aging
- AACOG Community Calendar of Events
- Alzheimers Information Workshops
- Fill in the information and submit