Intellectual & Developmental Disability Services
The Alamo Area Council of Governments IDD Services departments provides the following community services and supports for eligible adults and children with intellectual disabilities, developmental disabilities, and related conditions and their families in Bexar County:
- Eligibility Determination
- Consumer Benefits Screening
- Service Coordination
- Medicaid Waiver Programs such as Home and Community-Based Services (HCS) or Texas Home Living (TxHmL)
- General Revenue (GR) funded services
- Assisted Residential Living
- Present Community Options
AACOG is one of 39 Local IDD Authorities located throughout Texas. AACOG is located in San Antonio, Texas, and provides IDD services to residents of Bexar County. San Antonio is the largest city within Bexar County and it is also the third largest city in Texas. According to 2009 estimated census figures, the population of Bexar County is approximately 1.6 million.
For more information check out the brochure.
Locate a Local IDD Authority (LIDDA) outside of Bexar County