AACOG CARES- Housing Solutions
Housing Is Healthcare
The Alamo Area Council of Governments (AACOG) is a Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs approved and funded administrator of the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development's (HUD) Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG) CARES Act program.
AACOG's ESG CARES Program is focused on delivering emergency housing and affordable housing solutions to households experiencing a housing crisis in any of AACOG's 12 rural counties (Atascosa, Bandera, Comal, Frio, Gillespie, Guadalupe, Karnes, Kendall, Kerr, McMullen, Medina or Wilson).
Homeless Prevention and Rapid Rehousing
Housing relocation and stabilization services and short-and/or medium-term rental assistance as necessary to prevent the individual or family from moving to an emergency shelter, a place not meant for human habitation or another place described in the homeless definition below.
National Moratorium on Evictions
- Rental application fee
- Security deposit for up to 2 months
- Last month's rent
- Utility deposit
- Moving costs
- Temporary storage fee for up to 3 months
- Rental assistance and or arrears
- Legal costs (limited and relative) - to include filing fees/court fees
- Credit counseling
- Hotel/motel stay in one of the following counties: Atascosa, Bandera, Frio, McMullen, Medina, Wilson
- Transportation to and from medical appointments, employment, childcare, or other needed facilities
- Cell phone
- Emergency health/mental health services
- Legal services (limited and relative) - to include filing fees/court fees
- Must meet HUD's definitions of Homeless OR At Risk of Homelessness (see below)
- Income must be at 50% or below of HUD's Area Median Income (AMI)
- Individual must reside within one of AACOG's 12 rural counties at time of entry (Atascosa, Bandera, Comal, Frio, Gillespie, Guadalupe, Karnes, Kendall, Kerr, McMullen, Medina or Wilson)
At-Risk of Homelessness
For individuals and families who do not meet the definition of "homeless" under any of the categories established in the Homeless Definition final rule.
- Category 1 - Individuals and families
- Category 2 - Unaccompanied children and youth
- Category 3 - Families with children and youth
Individual or family who lacks a fixed, regular, and adequate nighttime residence.
- Category 1- Literally homeless
- Category 2- Imminent Risk of Homelessness
- Category 3- Homeless under other Federal statutes
- Category 4- Fleeing/Attempting to Flee DV