- Helps ensure that residents receive the care they want and are treated with the dignity they deserve.
- Identifies and resolves concerns that affect residents.
- Supports and promotes the health and safety of residents.
- Protects Residents Rights.
- Supports resident-directed care.
- Respects resident choices and independence.
- Provides information about Resident and Family Councils.
- Advocates for resident-focused laws and regulations.
VolunteersThe Long-Term Care Ombudsman Program utilizes volunteers in each county to respond to and investigate resident complaints. Ongoing training and support is provided for volunteers. Persons interested in volunteering should contact the Managing Local Ombudsman for more information.