Intellectual and Developmental Disability Services & Supports
Services and Supports
Intake and Eligibility - The first step for determining if an individual qualifies for IDD services. Intake Application | Spanish - En Espanol
Service Coordination - The following programs are facilitated by a staff member, called a Services Coordination Specialist, who oversees the activities and services for eligible individuals.
- General Revenue Funded Program (GR) – These services are intended to help people with intellectual and developmental disabilities remain in their own or their family’s home.
- Home and Community-Based Services (HCS) -- A Medicaid waiver program that provides services to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities who live with their family, in their own home, in a foster/companion setting, or in a residence with no more than three others receiving services.
- Texas Home Living (TxHmL) – This Medicaid waiver program provides essential services so that people with intellectual and developmental disabilities may continue to live with their families.
- Facilities, either under public or private operation, provide services with 24-hour supervision and coordination of the individual program plan.
Making Informed Choices
- Community Living Options Information Process (Publication 256)
- CLOIP for Legally Authorized Representatives of Residents in State Supported Living Centers (Publication 257)